MEET OUR PASTOR
REVEREND DOCTOR ISAAC J. HOLT JR
The Reverend Doctor Isaac Holt Jr., is a native of Alabama, a veteran of the United States Navy and a cum laude honors graduate of Morris College, Sumter SC where he received his bachelor’s degree in Organizational Management with additional studies at Alabama A&M University, Huntsville Alabama and US Naval schools of leadership and electronics. Dr. received an honorary Doctorate Degree from Morris College in 2017.
• Dr. Holt has served as the senior pastor of Royal Missionary Baptist Church for 24 years and under his leadership the church has reached amazing growth in all areas.
• Under his leadership the church began with a congregation of 200 members and year by year has grown today to a membership today of over 3,000 members.
• Under his leadership the church began with one building seating 200 with limited parking and today under God’s guidance the church has 6 state of the arts recently constructed buildings that form a church campus that spreads across 3 blocks. New facilities include multipurpose Life Center complex, fitness center, walking track, full size regulation gymnasium, conference center, restaurant with a chandeliered banquet dining facility that seats 600 hundred, and a new $3 million sanctuary that seats 1200 and the church burned the mortgage on it in three years.
• The church currently has 41 ministries reaching outside its four walls and established a 501© nonprofit corporation The Royal Foundation that serves 3 counties.
• Dr. Holt serves on the Trustee Board for Morris College, is Vice Moderator for the Charleston County Baptist Association, Vice-President at Large for the Baptist E&M Convention of South Carolina and serves as an instructor for both the Charleston Baptist Association and the South Carolina Congress of Christian Education.
• Dr. Holt is the recipient of many awards and recognitions. He was chosen in 2017 as the National Minister of the Year by the Morris College National Alumni Association. He has received State House Commendation of Achievement from the Legislatures of Alabama his home state and South Carolina. He also received 2 keys to cities from mayor for outstanding accomplishments from his hometown of Atmore Alabama and his current home North Charleston, SC. He is in much demand for workshops, preaching and teaching. Royal has 3 worship services each week where Reverend Holt’s sermons are broadcast worldwide via live streaming on the church website. For 22 years his sermons have been broadcast weekly on FM station WJNI 106.3 Charleston.
He is married to the former Jannie Holt and they have one son Isaac III a student attending Duke School of Divinity in Durham NC. The couple reside in Hananhan, SC.